DNA is a hot topic in genealogy but it can be a bit confusing to learn how it works. In this new series DNA expert Blaine Bettinger provides more tools to help you understand your DNA results. Which one will you watch first?
- Avoiding Genetic Genealogy Pitfalls
- DNA Frequently Asked Questions
- Introduction to GEDmatch
- Begging for Spit
- Who Are You? Identifying Your Mysterious DNA Matches
We’re working hard to give our webinar subscribers the educational classes they need to maximize their genealogical research!
All five of these new classes are bonus classes in the webinar library. They continue the Summer Spectacular webinar series just for members. The webinar previews are always free for non-members to watch.
Avoiding Genetic Genealogy Pitfalls
Avoiding some of the most basic genetic genealogy pitfalls can save you hours and hours of frustration and lost research time. Together we will examine some of these common pitfalls including not testing close relatives, misunderstanding X-DNA, testing small segments and more.
DNA Frequently Asked Questions
Some questions are asked at every conference and every webinar. Those questions are gathered together here in this webinar along with their answers. Some of the topics covered include: Where should I test? I’ve tested, now what? Can you extract DNA from hair? Can you test while undergoing chemotherapy? And much more!
Introduction to GEDmatch
The DNA website GEDmatch can be intimidating, so this lecture will start at the beginning and look at some of its basic but very important tools that genealogists can utilize in their research. We will look at the ethnicity tools, the One-to-Many tool, the One-to-One tool, and the X One-to-One tool.
Begging for Spit
You really need that second cousin to take a DNA test, but how do you ask them to take the test? And how do you contact them in the most efficient way possible? Together we will look at some of the ways to accomplish these goals.
Who Are You? Identifying Your Mysterious DNA Matches
There’s nothing more frustrating than a match that doesn’t have a tree and won’t respond to messages. Let’s look at some of the ways we can deduce who is behind these barricades and further our research
Other Webinars by Blaine Bettinger
These new classes join 8 additional DNA webinars by Blaine Bettinger already in the Webinar Library:
- Foundations in DNA 1: Genealogy and DNA
- Foundations in DNA 2: DNA Overview
- Foundations in DNA 3: Y-DNA
- Foundations in DNA 4: Mitochondrial DNA
- Foundations in DNA 5: Autosomal DNA
- How Harry Potter Can Teach You About DNA!
- Exploring AncestryDNA’s New Genetic Communities
- The WHO of Genetic Genealogy
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 536 classes in the library (739 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 2,476 pages of instructors’ handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It’s just $49.95/year or $9.95/month.
Look at our lineup of speakers for 2017! All live webinars are free to watch.
Powered by WPeMatico