“When our hearts turn to our ancestors, something changes inside us. We feel part of something greater than ourselves.” —President Russell M. Nelson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
You’ve been called to be part of the miracle of turning hearts—of helping members gather their families on both sides of the veil through Spirit-led, one-on-one family history experiences.
The Family History Leadership Guide provides direction and resources for temple and family history consultants at all levels. Its emphasis is on finding family names, taking them to the temple, and teaching others to do the same.
The guide includes:
- Information about the responsibilities and blessings of your calling.
- Information about priesthood support for family history callings.
- Inspirational videos.
- Training resources.
- Links to talks, lessons, handouts, and other resources.
As you become more familiar with the Family History Leadership Guide, you will discover how much it can help you in your calling.
You can locate the guide in the Gospel Library app in three locations:
- In the Leadership section, near Handbook 2.
- In the Temple and Family History Consultant subsection of the Temple and Family History section.
- In the For Priesthood Leaders subsection of the Temple and Family History section.
Currently the guide is available only in English via the Gospel Library app. In the future, more languages will be added, and the guide will be available on LDS.org as well.
Your feedback will help us improve the Family History Leadership Guide. You can send feedback by following these steps:
- Tap the menu icon (Android) or top application bar (iOS).
- Tap Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, tap Send Feedback.
As you follow the principles and use the resources in the Family History Leadership Guide, you will help your family and others come to a better understanding of their role in gathering the families of God.
Powered by WPeMatico